Most home and business owners are not involved in the installation of their roof and therefore are unaware of the most important elements of their roof system. The soffit and fascia determine your roof's beauty, structure, and stability. Fascia is the part of your roof which protrudes vertically and the soffit is the underside of your eaves. These key elements help to protect against issues such as structural defects and mildew. If you are experiencing any issues with your soffit and fascia, Boyce's Roofing and Repair can help.
Does Your Soffit & Fascia Need to Be Replaced?
Because these vital elements blend in so well, property owners often overlook just how important they are. You may start to experience mildew and leaking before you even realize anything is wrong. Fortunately, our specialists are trained to spot problems and quickly provide necessary repairs. You can rely on us to attend to your roof with the greatest attention to detail.
Signs you may need to replace your fascia and soffits:
- Frost in your attic
- Signs of water damage on inside walls
- Animal/insect infestation
- Leaking gutters
How to Repair Roof Eaves
Eaves are the edges of a roof that usually hang over the face of the wall and protrude beyond the side of a building. Over time, exposure to natural elements such as rain and animals can weaken the eaves. Replacing these eaves can help you protect your home.
How to repair roof eaves:
- Remove the damaged / rotten eaves – Carefully remove the gutters or roof flashing. Or you may have to remove the shingle mold to access the eaves. Once you have access to the eaves, pull away the rotten fascia and remove the soffit. Once that is done, cut away the damaged rafters.
- Cut new boards for the eaves – Determine what material you would like the eaves to be. You can choose from options such as wood, fiber cement, aluminum, and cellular PVC. [Make sure to also have pressure-treated lumber for new rafters or mold shingles if you need it]. Once you have the materials, cut the soffit and replacement fascia.
- Install & protect the new materials – If you have wood materials, apply a coat of weatherproofing sealant. Attach the new soffit back to the roof, spread caulk around the edges of the soffit, and attach the new fascia.
Why Hire Boyce's Roofing and Repair?
When your gutter, fascia, and soffit systems are in excellent condition and coordinated properly, it can not only protect your property against damage but increase the aesthetic value of your home or business. At Boyce's Roofing and Repair, we strive to help you achieve both a harmonious look and keep your roof in excellent condition. We have a number of materials to choose from and, should you need an expert team of installers to help, you can count on us to get the job done right according to your schedule. But don't just take our word for it, check out what past, satisfied clients have to say.
Call us today at (760) 800-6040 to make an appointment to replace or install soffit and fascia in Oceanside.
“I'm glad I went with my intuition to select Boyce's Roofing to replace the roof on my treasured new home!” - Serafina L.